Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Testing in Tennessee

Spent my Tuesday sleeping off jet lag and 3 days of little sleep. Today, I ran 1.5 miles in the morning with the unit I'm working for, and I went to the gym to see what they had and maybe test it. A lot of old Hammer machines (Great), some Lifefitness machines (not so great, save for the side lateral), and the free weights were enough. Surprisingly, they had a wide assortment of bars, some boards up to a 3-board, a step up box. Then I beamed when I saw a 12" box constructed out of 1 inch thick boards almost like Jenga. So I tested out on the back movements (at least 5-10 lbs stronger than I was a month ago), DB Bench Press of 70 lbs each arm, and a 245 double on 12" Box Squat. I've gained pretty good on this program, and all the GHR and squat rep work has made for a stronger squat out of the bottom. It's all in the exercise choices.

Now I'm beat, time for more sleep.

No comments: