Wednesday, July 23, 2008

WSFSB III: DE Lower Body

I did not want to work out yesterday. Not enough sleep, hips were beat from walking in the vest (since I'm lifting heavy and doing bands, I might have to do something else.). I took a nap and watched movies until 10:30 PM, then forced myself to go to the gym.

Did 10 minutes on the elliptical, plus 10 minutes of mobility work for my legs and back. In between sets of squats, I stretched and did leg swings and shoulder mobility stuff to stay loose. So I didn't pull anything and woke up pain free.

Hoist Leg Abductor: Worked up to a 100 lbs 5 RM.

Hoist Leg Adductor: Worked up to a 100 lbs 5 RM. They were mopping the gym floor, so I did these while the floor dried. Considering I pulled muscles along my inner thigh last week, this was as much a preventative exercise as it was an accessory movement:

Box Squat w/Average Bands: 140x2x8

Assisted Pistols: 5 sets of 3

GHR Back Extensions: 5 sets of 8.

Seated Calf Raises: Worked up to a 60 lbs 4RM. Lame, but I'll work on it.

Intervals on a Treadmill (1.5 Degree incline): 4 intervals of 1 minute 8.8 MPH and 2 minutes at 3.0 MPH.

No comments: