Thursday, July 02, 2009

Workout 2 of Last 4

12" Front Box Squat: 55x8, 75x5, 95x5, 120x5, 145x3, 165x2, 180x5, 200x0. At this point, I can say that I am done deadlifting. My back was not recovered from the last deadlift session. Now, I know that squatting or deadlifting first thing in the morning is not easy on the spine. But no amount of warming up or stretching could get my lower back right - - - hell, I even stretched in between sets. So my belt was cranked, and I still managed a very controlled 5RM with 180 pounds. I rested 5 minutes and racked 200 pounds clean and while I felt no pain, I felt as if I didn't have enough to lift it cleanly. And I didn't want to risk it, so I re-racked it and shut it down right there.

Trap Bar Shrugs: Worked up to a 206 5RM and a 226 2RM. If I wasn't gonna be deadlifting, then I may as well do something that would help it. I think that on workout 4, I will probably do something like this and not deadlift. And, of course, not push the back.

No comments: