Monday, September 07, 2009

5/3/1: Round 2 Wave 2 Workout 1 (Slight Return)

Last week was very hectic week.  The last of my best friends here was leaving, and she wasn't even packed nor was her room cleaned yet.  So aside from spending a lot of time together, I was also helping her get rid of shit, clean, shit, and pack shit.  Guys, it's like giving a woman a big suitcase for a weekend trip only this was like a studio flat.  Shit, I've been here almost 2 years and you could put all my possessions into 1 sea bag, a carry-on, and 1 Tough Box.  After she left on Thursday, I caught up on a lot of sleep, and blogging.

Today, I began this workout all over again, as originally intended.  Didn't have to work, so I woke up at 1PM, worked out, and even started doing NEPA walks.

All Notation: Weight x Reps x Sets

Flat Bench Press: 65x5, 85x5, 105x5, 125x3, 145x2, 165x3, 175x3, 185x5 (Rep Out Set)

Smith Machine Behind The Neck Press: worked up to 125x3, then did 135x3x5.  Every bench near the dumbbells was taken, as was the bench press benches, and the shoulder press station.  (Did I mention that Monday is always Bench Press Monday?) So I did these.  Not bad, but I don't get the searing burn that I do with DBs so next week I will do the 70x3x6 that I should have waited to do.

Bodyweight Chinups: 5 sets of 3 reps.  I could always do at least 2 reps clean with no kipping but usually have to kip on the third rep.

Hammer ISO High Rows: 120x3x6

Trap Bar Shrugs: 196x3x6

Walked for over an hour.

No comments: