Wednesday, November 28, 2012

ME Squat Week 1

Hammer Strength Smith Machine Squats (20 pounds starting resistance): I started at 30x3 and kept adding 30 pounds until I had a 230-lbs 3Rm and a 260-lbs single.  Unlike the Hoist Smith that this machine replaced, the track is slanted which makes for a better groove.  I would have done the low box squats but thought trying to relearn regular squats would be a better first move.  Felt a little rusty: was going below parallel cleanly, but was slow coming up.

LifeFitness Seated Calf Raises: Worked up to 70x4 in 10-lbs increments.

LifeFitness Row:  Started at 45x5, and kept adding 15 pounds per side until I hit a 150-lbs 5RM and a 165-lbs single.  This machine looks like a Hammer Iso-Lateral Row with an automotive candy-apple red paint job.  I know, this isn't a leg movement. 

Hoist Roc-It Leg Curls: Worked up to a 230-lbs 5RM in 25-lbs increments.

No comments: