Sunday, December 09, 2012

Upper Body Workout

Woke up this morning and my abs were sore all over, and deep.  A feeling I haven't had in a long time, so I might be on the right track, no?

I just went in to do upper body but since I have something to edit for my other Navy job, I just tested two lifts and skipped the aerobics.

Flat Bench Press: 55x3, 75x3, 95x3, 115x3, 135x3, 155x3, 175x3, 195x2 (2RM).  I changed my grip up .  For the longest time, I have benched with the "bird" finger on the rings: this shortened my benching distance but, more importantly, it gave me more off the chest strength.  Today, I moved my hand in so that the ring finger is on the ring.  Yeah, this lengthens my bench stroke but I want that for now.

LifeFitness ISO Row (Close Grip)(Weight is per movement arm): 70x5, 85x5, 100x5, 115x5, 130x5, 145x5, 160x3 (3 RM).

My plan right now is to use the Prilepin Bench cycle that is on Tsampa.org (and that I have used  before with good results) on a 4-day a week rotation. Day one will be Flat Bench Press; day two will be a squat; day three will be the LifeFitness ISO Shoulder Press; and day 4 will be the conventional deadlift.  As for the assistance work, I'm working on it.

No comments: