Thursday, July 21, 2005

Wk6: Prilepin Squat/DL Light

Yesterday's workout:

12" Front Box Squats (265): 60x2, 80x2, 100x2, 125x2, 145x2x12.

Hoist Seated Leg Curls (115): 115x5x2, 120x3x2, 125x3x1.

GHR w/70 lbs of assist: Failure at 7, 6,6,6 reps. I could never get my footing figured out on this setup. Can't wait for the day to get a real one.


Straight Leg Pull Through (115): 60x10, 70x8, 80x8, 70x10.

Ab Circuit for 2 set: Plank (5 10 second holds), lying leg thrusts, cable lifts (like a woodchopper from the bottom), ball crunches, cable woodchoppers, alternating supermans, side bridges, incline situps.

Will probably replace leg curls on my next workout with the 24" step up. Whatever will push up my front squat some more. Oh, and for Jon, you had a question on a triceps workout: Monday's workout left my triceps so sore I could barely wash my own back last night even with a scrubber . . . LOL!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Switching from leg curls to a high step-up sounds like a good move. Are you still going to do the GHRs (with the step-ups, that is)?

Alberto said...

Yes. If the front squats were the ultimate ends, I should have never abandoned the step ups to begin with. . . the step ups would have helped more than the leg curls. But, hey, not every experiment works.

Alberto said...

15s, 12s, and 10s. Tomorrow, its bench presses followed by dips for the same rep scheme. I think the high reps is the killer.

John said...

Definitely a good idea to put a unilateral leg exercise into your routine. 24" is high enough that you'll really be feeling it.
High reps will really make you sore if you've been sticking to the lower rep range.