Monday, March 05, 2007

TBT Week1 Workout 1

My past two weeks have been spent still doing HIIT aerobics, testing on a lot of lifts, and just trying to find out what I wanted to do. Originally, I wanted to do a fat burning program but because of the way the Navy does bodyfat mesurements (which benefits those with a big neck), I didn't want to risk losing any mass. So I chose TBT again. Having accomplished a lot of my structural balance goals (Except biceps: for a 215 bench, my preacher curl should be 92 lbs but I'm now only 12 lbs away), I'm throwing my effort into getting my front squat as close to 85% of my back squat (I'm close, but not close enough), improving my pushups and biceps, and my low end deadlift. No ab work, so they can shrink. I learned from the error of my last great front squat work and the last TBT that I must do hip GHR work to keep my back squat strong, so I'm doing a lot of sumo DL work with a lot of weight, GHRs/unilateral leg work three times a week, and 12" box squat work once a week to maintain. To help me get leaner quicker, most of the workouts will be done in superset pairs, with no rest until after the last exercise of that pair. That might be a plateau buster for me: I'm stuck at 232.5 lbs. Right now, I have a 17.25 inch neck and a 41 inch waist so I either need an 18 inch neck with a 40 inch waist or a 17.5 inch neck with a 39 inch waist. The last might be more realistic.

TRISET:
13" Front Box Squat: 95x5, 135x5, 170x5x3
Band Assisted Wide Grip Pullup (Green Band): 5 sets of 5
GHR: BWT x 8 x 5 (60 seconds rest)

SUPERSET:
Sumo Deadlift: 145x5, 195x5, 235x5x3
Blast Strap Pushups (Feet raised 6"): 5 sets of 5 (60 seconds rest)

SUPERSET:
15" Lateral Step Up: 15x5, 20x5, 25x5x3
DB Hammer Curls: 15x5, 25x5, 35x5x3 (60 seconds rest)

This workout was just plain hard. Not so much the weight in itself but the cardio portion it turned into. Didn't help that the first triset took all my important DL muscles out, either: the second superset left me winded. On the plus side, this may be what I need - - - the better I get at clearing the lactic acid out, the better shape I will be in for the hard and easy stuff. Until I do, however, I have to swallow 7 more weeks of this!!!

No comments: