Monday, June 11, 2007

EFS Beginners Program: Week 7 DE Bench

I spent the better part of last week doing shoulder rehab, nothing serious but I learned the hard way that I shouldn't have been doing heavy rack lockouts in a sleepy haze while stiff. I tried some of the band traction stuff that Dave Tate once wrote about along with external/internal rotations and mobility work. So my left shoulder is back and my right one is almost there. I did do some lifting, mostly testing. I tested out at a 205 lbs 5RM and a 225 1RM in the arched back good morning and a 80 lbs 1RM in the decline tricep extension. I did do the ME Bench and DE bench portions of my workout (to a point) and managed a triple with 205 lbs in the close grip bench press.

Today, I am back in the game. I am entering the Naval Base Kitsap Raw Bench Press Comp on July 4th, so the close grip work couldn't have come at a better time. If in 3 weeks I can get my close grip bench press up to 225x3, the 250s may be within striking distance. But, I'm not going to deviate from this program to get there.

DE Bench: 55x3, 75x3, 95x3, 115x3, 140x3x8

5-Board Bench Press: 175x3, 205x3, 235x3

DB Rear Laterals: 8x12x3

Wide Grip Preacher Curls: 65x5x5

1 comment:

Christian D. said...

It will be good to get a meet in. I'm planning on getting one in November.