Saturday, June 16, 2007

EFS Beginners Program: Week 7 DE Squat/DL

SSB Parallel Box Squat: 110x2, 140x2, 170x2x10. This time, I tried to stick to the prescription of a 2-second pause at the bottom. I had a lot of pop today, maybe this is my breakthrough.

Speed Deadlifts: 205x1x10, 255x1, 295x1, 325x1, 365x1. The last three was for test purposes and not part of the program: I had a question to answer for myself. Even though I have been feeling as if I was just spinning my wheels with the speed deads, I had a lot more pop out of the bottom with these today than I've had the past 6 weeks. So, much like the speed squats, I think I have hit that breakthrough moment and should just be patient. My question was answered with the 365: it was slow from the knees only. I now know why weeks 10 and 11 are heavy pin pulls: this is where I focus all my effort on the top and get that back. Will it be enough for my 405 target? We'll see.

Arched Back Good Morning: 145x10x4. Probably should nave have done these, though it went without a hitch. I grew weary of the reverse hyper on the GHR: maybe the GHR made it uncomfortable, or the bands were too strong, or it was never as good as the real thing. So I went back to my old standby, and I'm doing it twice a week using undulating periodization. Maybe this will be a difference maker for my squats and deads.

DB Side Bends: 35x10x2

Slow Leg Lowers: 2 sets of 10

No comments: