Tuesday, August 28, 2007

NROL: Fat Loss III

Read Christian Thibaudeau's article "Destroying Fat" and you'll see what I am trying to do. I have the Virtual Meet to think about, so I can't go completely light. And I have the PRT in 5 weeks. I was once measured at 20% BF at 234 but just about the same at 229. So, unlike the last time, I want to lift differently but not overdo the aerobics. This sounded like the way to go . . . . . . . . .

First Giant set with 60 seconds rest after the final exercise:

One round of boxing each set
Front Squat: 135x10x4
Assisted Chinup (Green Band): 4 sets of 8
Lateral Step up: 15x12x4
DB Neutral Push Press: 35x12x4. This left me so winded, but it wasn't over yet.

Second Giant Set with 60 seconds rest after the final exercise:
Squat: 135x20x2
Prisoner Face Pull (Monster Mini): 2 sets of 20. Uses the ankle cuffs on the wrist, less bicep.
Lateral Step Up: BWTx20x2
DB Shoulder Press: 20x20x2

Swiss Ball Crunch: 10x10x2

. . . . . . . . and after the 30 minutes of steady state aerobics on the elliptical at the end, I still think it may be just what I need. But this was the hardest workout I have ever done. I was soaking wet, and even the steady state stuff was spent at 160BPM because my heart rate was already up. I suppose 5 weeks of this . . . . .

No comments: