Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Yesterday's Mobility/Energy Systems Work

Lunchtime:
1.5 - 2 mile walk. Why kill myself when I would do that in the evening? That, and right now, even walking leaves me sweaty and tired. Ok, it was hot out!!!



Evening:
Dynamic Warmup Phase (@ means reps each side):
Forward Sled Walking w/45 lbs plate
Hip Crossover (10@)
Scorpions (6@)
Prisoner Squats (10 reps)
Jumping Jacks (15 reps)
Seal Jumping Jacks (15 reps)
Front Skips (20 yards down and back)
Backward Sled Drag w/45 lbs plate
Calf Stretch (6@)
Inchworm (6 times)
Stationary Side Lunge (8@)
Side Suffle (20 yards down and back)
Stationary Leg Swings (10 reps, front to back)
Stationary Leg Swings (10 reps, side to side)
60% Sprint (arm& posture focus)(20 yards down and back)
Ankle Sled Drags w/Sled Only
Inverted Hamstring (6@)
Forward Lunge/Forearm to Instep (6@)
Lunge Walk (10 steps down and back)
Backpedal (20 yards down and back)
Sled Pullthrough w/45lbs plate
Backward Lunge with a Twist (6@)
Drop Lunge (6@)
Sumo Squat to Stand (6@)
Squat Jumps (5)
75% Build Up Sprint (Knee Drive)(20 Yards Down and back)


Ground Based Mobility:
Back Bridges (10)
Iron Cross (Basically, a Scorpion done while on your back)(10@)
Rollovers into V-Sits (10)
Birddogs (10@)
Fire Hydrant Circles (10@, forward and backward)
Arm Circles
Scapular Wall Slides
Mountain Climbers (10@)
Groiners (10@)

Frequency Phase:
Low Pogo Jumps: 3 sets of 20 seconds
High Pogo Jumps: 3 sets of 20 seconds
Cariocas: 20 yards down and back
Sideways Running: 20 yards down and back
85% Sprint: 40 yards
Suicides (2 versions)(Forward and backwards)

Either I have to shorten this, or do it faster. Regardless, I will think about this the next time I let myself go like this, it kicked my ass royally. I was very tight all over, so I will have to pay for a while just to get better. I did sleep like a baby last night, though, and while I'm still sore from Monday I feel a bit looser so that's good.

No comments: