Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Squat Test Gone Bad

I've been tossing around the idea of a just doing rep work with regular squats with no box so instead of my normal lunchtime aerobic workout like I've been doing, I just tested on raw squats.

Free Squats: 95x3 (I had a belt I borrowed from the gym and it blew out!!! Old, cause I didn't get that big over the holidays.), 125x5, 155x5, 185x3, 215x3, 245x1, 275x1, 305x1, 325x0 (Got to the bottom and the weights started sliding off the right side, I'm trying to keep from killing my back and letting the bar whip out and hurt someone. A closer inspection of the mess reveals that the slide on collars WERE on, but were defective and slid off.), 325x0 (My load was blown).

Barbell Curls: 70x8x3.

I walked to the front counter and handed the lady the collars and told her what happened. She looked shocked and apologized, and said that she thought that the equipment was inspected that morning. When I got home, I inspected my collars and showed my wife and kid how to do the same. Now I know.

No comments: