Wednesday, April 28, 2010

5/3/1 Round 2: Deadlift Deload

Today I got sidetracked from what my workout normally is. Someone from my job needed a ride home, and my wife needed me to go to Walmart to pick up a few things. So this entire workout was done at home. BUt just as well, because it was a great workout, felt good not to have to max out.

All Notation: Weight x Reps x Sets

Conventional Deadlift w/1 pair r of Chains and no 45s: 115x5,135x5, 165x5, 195x5. I did this to get a feel for this type of movement, not much more. It felt really good, I could see turning this being a difference maker. But that's for another time. I spent a lot of my time in Africa experimenting so much with deficit deads that my regular deadlift went to seed, so time to show it some love.

12" Front Box Squat: 170x5x5.

GHR: 5 sets of 4

Single Calf Raises: An explanation of how I do these: Right leg first, then the left, then both, then a long rep with the right leg. That's a set. I don't count reps: I go until I cant, and I make sure to do the same reps for each leg.

GHR Reverse Hyper (Monster Mini Bands): 5 sets of 4.

No comments: