Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Once Again, It's On

Today, I start Chad Waterbury's Total Body Training. My plan is to do that for 8 weeks, followed by 10x3 For Fat Loss, Triple Total Training, Quattro Dynamo, then SOB Training. A total of 26 weeks, which leaves me with 2 weeks to push up my pushups and situps and a week to deload. The programs are all full body, and the last program has a lot of high rep work: PRT is 29 weeks away and while I will accept a Good-High Grade (Last PRT was a Good-Medium), I might gun for an Excellent - - - my 1.5 mile run would have to hit 11:23. If you want the spreadsheets with all the programs, here's the link: http://216.17.22.84/...CW_Programs.zip. Save to Desktop.

Yesterday, I spent recovering from a cold but I did train my wife - - - she's doing the Total Body Training, too. She was down 2 lbs from a 3 weeks ago, and her blood work was better. I think she should get her own blog, but we'll see. Her number's yesterday were:

Flat BB Bench Press: 3 sets of 5 with a last set of 80 4RM.
DB Rows: 3 sets of 5 with 25 lbs.
14" SSB Box Squats: 3 sets of 5 with a top set of 115 5RM.
Romanian Deadlift: 3 sets of 5 with 85 lbs.
DB Hammer Curls: 3 sets of 5 with 20 lbs.
Single Leg Calf Raises: 3 sets of 5 with BWT, to get a hang of the movement.

These are my numbers today. Since I've been out of the game for a while. I'm just working to the max recommended RMs for the first week, then calculate a 1RM and continue to week two. The odd weeks (1, 3, so on) are straight sets; the even weeks are antogonistic supersets.

Flat BB Bench Press: Worked up to a 175 5RM, then repeated.
Barbell Rows: 95x5x3
15" SSB Box Squats: Worked up to a 225 5RM, then repeated.
Sumo DL: Worked up to a 235 5RM, then barely repeated it. SSB's fault.
DB Preacher Curls: 25x5x3.
Single Leg Calf Raises: BWTx5x3.

This was not in the program, but on my son's insistence I gave it a go and liked the idea no matter how sick it made me feel:)

Trap Bar Farmer's Walk: 160 lbs for 1 block (one end of the street to the other, put down 2 times)

I'm pretty out of shape. It is what it is. But if this workout was any indication, it's gonna be a welcome change. I felt thoroughly worked out and sweaty. It's on!!!

No comments: