Friday, August 31, 2007

Yesterday's Last Heavy Workout Before VirtualMeet/Today's Deadlifts

1-Board BenchPress: 75x3, 95x3, 115x3, 135x3, 155x3, 175x3, 195x3, 215x3, 235x1. In all likelyhood, 235 will be attempt number two. Then we will see about 240-245. I did this with a grip that was 1 finger closer than normal (ring fingers on the rings) and though this increased my pressing distance it gave me more pop.



Parallel Box Squat: 155x3, 190x3, 225x3, 255x3, 285x3, 315x2. Good for 330-340 squat.



Todays Deadlift: 225x3, 265x3, 305x3, 345x3, 385x2, 405x1. I had to use 35s and 10s for the other 45 pounds. Question is, can I hit that after squats and benches? And on what attempt?






4 comments:

Christian D. said...

Alberto - The lift looked solid. Wondered if you were going to get it locked out, but it looks like you did.

Best of luck on the meet.

Alberto said...

Thanks, Chris. I took the video mainly to see what might be wrong with my DL, for critique. You wouldn't know it because this video was edited, but a few seconds before I had attempted it with gloves on, got it a few inches off the floor (slowly) before getting bent over, and lost the bar. Like this deadlift, my launch was slow. In this one, I ditched the gloves, tightened my upper back more, and tried to get the hip extension engaged sooner. The upside was a better launch with a more neutral back. The downside, and thanks for pointing it out, was my lockout. At the tippy top, my lockout was slow. I made a compromise and put all my hip strength into launching it at the expense of my lockout. We'll see at the meet, I'll have to do this after three squats. You know, maybe I'll do this as a second attempt rather than risk a bombout by doing it first.

Anonymous said...

Hey Alberto,

Looking big brother! Really nice job bringing your legs into the lift. You also keep it close from the angle I see. You do look like you're trying to shrug the lift a bit to finish it. Let your arms and shoulders hang down the entire time. The hips should push through to finish the lift instead. Be patient and don't force it.

I think picking it as a second is a good strategy.

Good luck!

Alberto said...

Thanks, John, but some of that is undesirable FAT!!! I got careless with diet training for the meet. Never again.

As for the shrugging, noted. You won't see that again:)