Thursday, December 11, 2008

WSFSB III: RE Lower Body

Didn't do the long walk yesterday, but me and a friend took a long walk at night on the runners trail. Very quiet and relaxing, and no snakes or or desert foxes jumped out of the bushes.

Today, I took the 1.25 hour walk in the morning. In the evening, I had a brainstorm. I haven't been doing any high intensity stuff because I'm bordering on burnout. So I do the long walk at night, too, with a twist: on the way down I stop at the gym and do my workout, then finish the walk as a cool down. which felt great and was doable.

Abs Class

Smith Machine Box Squats (slightly below parallel): 185x15x3. Was supposed to do 175 lbs for 3 sets of 15 but felt like adding 10 more pounds. Walked away with a very uncomfortable pump.

Hammer Machine Calf Presses: 185x15x3. Same deal as the squats. One set was toes out, one was toes in, one was neutral.

Leg Curls: 90x15x3. My hammies were pumped to the point of cramping.

Was supposed to do assisted pistols but my legs were so exhausted that I could only do two instead of the usual 10 so I called it a night and went walking.

No comments: