Thursday, September 01, 2005

Wk1: Prilepin Squat/DL Day - One

Since I had done a heavy squat last week, I decided to do today's squat workout as a speed day. On my next squat day, I will be using the arched back GM or RDL instead of another squat. Redundancy could be one reason or it could be that I can't see myself doing squat overloads twice a week - - - the GM/RDL also makes the weight feel lighter because of the increased back strength, plus more.

Squat Overloads: 330x3 (10 seconds each)

Parallel Box Squat (300): 145x2x12. Really fast and smooth. 45 second rest periods made for an energizing session.

Cybex Leg Curls (170): 130x6, 150x1, 135x6, 160x1, 100x15. Really good go on these, the set of 15 set my hams on fire!!!

18" Lateral Step Ups: 4 sets of 10. I love these. First time doing them, and I felt it low on the glutes, on my hips, and a little on the inside.

Seated Rows (150): 110x6, 130x1, 120x6, 140x1, 90x15.

Straight Leg Pullthroughs (120): 90x6, 100x1, 100x6, 110x1, 70x15. 15 reps is tough on these: first I did 10 reps, rested a couple of seconds, did three, rested a few more seconds, the did two.

Leg Raises: 3 sets of 4, 2 sets of 3. Pathetic. Should have done these first in the workout, though the result of that wouldn't have been much better.

3 comments:

Christian D. said...

Nice workout Alberto. I'm sure with 15 reps I'd probably be sweating like a dog! I may throw in a set of these every now and then. Jesse Marunde occasionally does a set of 20 at as much weight as he can handle. :0

John said...

Great workout, Alberto... Interesting concept with the wave loading on the accessory exercises.

Alberto said...

Actually, Stinn, it's not that bad - - - one of your workouts would kill me. The overloads were at my squat 1 RM, the speed squats were at half of my parallel box squat 1RM. For the rapid waves, only one set was at 90% for the exercises. The step ups were at bodyweight. Today, I feel pretty good except my hams and ass are sore, upper back is a little toasty.