Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Past Few Days, Next Few Days

Monday:
Wife wanted to start working out, so we all went to the apartment's gym. She walked on the treadmill, my son got in the hot tub, and I shot baskets and ran around for about an hour on the court. Afterwards, they joined me and I shot more ball for 30 minutes more.

Tuesday:
Went to run drills on the court but was beat up and just didn't have it - - - too many jumpers, maybe. Chatted with the wife (she was on the treadmill) while my son played around with the Universal multi-gym. Should have dragged the sled.

Today (Lunchtime):
LifeFitness Treadmill, speed intervals: 5 minute warmup, then 90 seconds of running followed by 2 minutes of walking at 3.8 MPH, for 20 minutes. For the first 4 intervals, speed was 7.2 MPH, then 7.0 for the next 2 intervals. Incline was 2.0 for the first three intervals, then 0.0 for the last 3.

Found out last drill weekend that because I had 3 PRT failures in the last four years that my next failure would result in me being kicked out of the Navy. Additionally, because of that, I can't fail anymore if I do pass. Because I was asked to keep a diary of what I do, I'm keeping it here and providing them printouts from this blog.

In addition, I've dropped speedwork for a while and am just concentrating on Maximum Effort and Submaximal Effort Work (what I call development). I learned from before that to beat the Navy's measurement (ie, lose waist, gain neck), I shouldn't be lifting light. For aerobics, I'm using an interval training program from CoolRunnings.com to build up to 30 minutes straight of running in 9 weeks at a 7.0 MPH pace (Just over 13 min 1.5 miler) along with some sled dragging. While I might do some long aerobic work when I go away for two weeks, I don't lose as much muscle doing intervals.

Oh, yeah, I'm looking for a summer military meet and maybe something in the fall. That's the other reason to just stay heavy for a while.

No comments: