Sunday, May 07, 2006

Passed (Part 1)

Measurement was yesterday. In June, I will do the run and pushups and situps.

I weighed in at 236 in the morning (no shoes, in uniform) at a height of 5 ft 9.5 in. I dropped 1/2 inch on the waist (from 39.5 inches to 39.0 inches) and gained 1/2 inch on the neck (from 17.5 to 18.0 inches). By Navy instruction, that put me at 21% BF so I passed that.

As always, deadlifting twice a week plus high-volume back work did the trick, especially while also trying to get lean. In that regard, the pressure is off and I can focus on my run instead of pounding myself into the ground some more.

And I'm not done. I would like to get it where I never have to worry about it again, the tens. Perspective: when I left the Navy in January 1999, I was 22% BF at 196 - - - the most weight allowed for my height is 191, but I could choose to measure if I don't pass weight.

4 comments:

Alberto said...

Thanks, Jon. So far, 1/2 inch a month is a good pace for me to lose.

lscrewy said...

Great----It's so hard to lose weight. a 1/2 inch a month would be great for anybody. Keep the focus brother!
Lou

Alberto said...

That's why I always try to get lean, not necessarily light. The weight loss will come in time, and I'm a patient man:)

Unknown said...

Congrats Alberto. BF in the tens would be great.