Friday, April 06, 2007

Week 1: DE Squat/DL

SSB Parallel Box Squat: 115x2, 135x2, 155x2, 175x2x10. On these, I went wider than I normally do and tried to be as quick out of the hole as possible. My speed was good but not stellar, I'll get there.

Speed Deadlifts: 195x1x10. Same.

Reverse Hyper: 30 reps in 6 sets (6, 5, 5, 5, 5, 4 reps). These felt really good. For these, I hooked monster mini bands to the bottom rear of the GHR and the other ends to carabiners hooked on to ankle straps. Then I faced the unit backwards and held on to the footplate. There was enough tension at the beginning of the movement so as to get that feeling at the bottom as if your feet were being pulled under.

16" Lateral Step Ups: 20x10x4

Lying Leg Raises: BWTx10x4

Week one is over and it wasn't bad. A relief from the volume of the past. Or because of it.

No comments: