Friday, November 18, 2011

5/3/1: Deadlift 5RM

Was starting to get sick Wednesday morning, went full blown fever that night and after medicating it all night, woke up the next morning just serviceable enough to go to work.  Didn't do my leg workout or the aerobics day, so I changed things up and did a deadlift workout PLUS 45-minutes of treadmill walking today. 

Deadlifts w/35-lbs Plates: from 135 pounds, worked up to a 255-lbs 5RM (about 286 pounds max) in 30-lbs increments.  I have been wondering where I was with deficit deadlifts relative to my conventional deadlift so rather than guess, I did a 5RM test for this.  Next week, I will do a 3RM test with snatch grip deadlifts.  As for what to do on 1RM week, we'll  see.

Hoist Hack Squat Machine: 120x8x3

Hoist Roc-It Seated Leg Curls: 167x8x3

45 minutes of treadmill walking, 3.5 MPH, Level 11 Hill profile

No comments: