Tuesday, December 27, 2005

All I Want for X-Mas

X-mas was pretty good to me. Among the things my wife got me was some essential gear: a sled pack, two and 3 board, and the Parisi Warm-up DVD from EliteFTS. The only thing I had to get myself was carabiners (4 of them), and 3 plates (45, 35, 25 lbs, my kid wants to give it a go). Any suggestions on dragging workouts that have worked for others would be very welcome. I will probably watch the DVD tonight and start getting conditioning tips from that, which I will also blog. One thing I do want to do, since I'm out to improve my 1.5 mile run, is to attempt to do a walking sled drag through the course they use on Bangor base to slowly condition myself for it. Stupid? Maybe. But depending on how it goes with a light weight, it might be a good thing. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

6 comments:

Christian D. said...

Santa was nice to you Alberto. :) Most of the sled stuff that I've seen is just making trips forward and backwards with the arms in various positions. Usually not for any type of distance however.

Unknown said...

That's a long way to drag a sled. Very curious as to how it goes. Good luck!

Alberto said...

In all reality, I'll just do the basics first before I get ambitious. I want to get a feel for what I, and the sled, can do.

Alberto said...

Sweet . . . . thanks a bunch!!!

Jamie said...

Is that the workout DVD with Jane Fonda... Cause that is hot .. lol

Alberto said...

No Hanoi Jane in this video. I hear that its for dynamic warmups that could even double as GPP or mobility workouts. When I watch it, I'll be able to better tell you.