Thursday, December 20, 2007

Grace's Big Squat Day


Two days ago, my wife Grace asked what was on the menu for Leg Day. I told her to "get Gung Ho" because we were going to test her on the free squat. I also told her that it would be filmed for training purposes. She also asked me to post it on my blog, since she does not want to post it on her Myspace page. Feel free to comment.

A few notes. I tried to dial in her depth, even going so far as to do the second rep touch and go from a 14" box. She hated it, because it tempted her to relax upon touching it. Her descent is pretty fast, and I didn't teach her that. Her speed is noteworthy, probably from those huge hams she inherited from her dad. Will have to do some work on depth and her lower back but I think before I leave, she may be ready for 225.

And I'm still trying to persuade her to do a Virtual Meet, Kris:)






1 comment:

Mich said...

Nice work! Way to go Grace! I think I'm going to watch that a few more times for inspiration.