Saturday, September 18, 2010

Week 2: ME Squat/Deadlift

12" SSB Close Stance Box Squats (Touch&Go): Bar x 3, 110x3, 140x3, 170x3, 200x3, 230x3, 260x3 (3RM)

Assisted Glute Ham Raises (Light Bands): 5 sets of 7

BWT Cossack Squats: 5 sets of 5.

Tri-Set (Done with a light band hooked up to a Strength Bar):
Band Landmines: 4 sets of 3 (Weak, but my abs need serious work)
Band Pullthroughs: 4 sets of 3
Planks: 4 sets of 30 seconds (I shook after 15 seconds)

The week before at drill I did a workout with one of my shipmates: we agreed I would do a superset of his creation, and he would do one of mine:

First Superset:
Incline Bench Press: 3 sets of 10+ reps
Pushups: 3 sets to failure

Second Superset:
Deadlifts: 3 sets of 155 to failure
Split Squats w/Front Foot Elevated: 3 sets to failure

The last superset crushed us, and I spent almost a week with abs so sore that I had trouble getting off of a couch. And it wasn't a bad pain that would make me worry, just a really deep soreness. And I think it was the pushups, after my chest was already gone from the first movement, that did it. Enough to think that situps alone would not be the ab solution I needed.

And this workout handed my ass to me, abs wise.

No comments: