Thursday, October 27, 2005

Triceps Test

Took my son to the gym to play basketball and shoot some hoops myself. Gotta do something fun and non-PL related, eh?

Ok, I did three singles in three lifts. That's it. Cold. Had to see where triceps were headed into the tail end of this cycle.

Flat Bench Press: 225 never felt easier, or went up quicker. Not "15 lbs more" quicker, but I have a month.

Close Grip Bench Press: 220 lbs. Aside from surprising carryover from the bands, my wrists stayed straighter. Remember, 225 is my target.

Dips: No Hoist Assist here, just a regular dip apparatus. I haven't done bodyweight in a long time and it was smooth and easy. That was the good news. The bad news is that, when I checked the scale to see where I was, it read 245 lbs. So, I've put on more muscle than I planned . . . . . .

. . . . . . and I better start running!!!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Body weight dips must be tough when you are 245.

Alberto said...

I just did one, Jamie:) I checked my weight this morning and I was 238. Maybe it was just salt bloat that day.

I think that it was the band benching. I just went up, no hitch or sticking point. Same for the close grip benches. Just a non stop push. Screwed up my basketball shot, though, I have to now work on softening it up;)