Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Short

We are slowly moving into our new apartment (Our house won't be complete until April 2006)and will be completely out the 28th. My son's parent-teacher conference was today, and we sign our house title paperwork tomorrow. Then, there's Thanksgiving. Not much time for my full workout until maybe the middle of next week, if not the beginning of the following week. So, I figured that I could do one or two lifts here and there. Just the very basics.

Conventional Deadlift: 135x3, 155x3, 185x3, 205x3, 225x2, 245x2, 275x1, 295x1, 315x1, 335x1. I had to test this lift for the program, and I wanted a lot of bang for my buck. My form was actually pretty good.

My favorite spotter was there doing his bench press workout. He asked me to spot and I asked to jump in. Did 225 for a 2RM, then 225 for a single. I loaded up 240 and lowered it inadvertently to a spot lower than normal but my elbows might have been tucked a little more because it launched faster and I just flared the elbows a bit towards the top for a strong lockout. We then finished with a 135 lbs rep out. He got 15 reps; I got 15 and was going for 16 but the burn was too much and I only got it halfway up. It was a fun workout, makes me wish for a partner sometimes.

3 comments:

Christian D. said...

I second the good luck with the move. Take this move to get rid of any junk you have collected, that way the move in April will be much easier!

Nice benching by the way.

Alberto said...

Stinn:
I don't think I had another 10 lbs on that bench, it was still heavy as fuck just launched quicker. But now that you mention it, next time I will give it a go just to see how it feels.

Christian:
My wife said the same thing you did. I wanted to get rid of all the junk right away, she said that we have until April to accomplish it. I'd rather say she's right in this blog, so her head doesn't get any bigger:) P.S. you should have gone 200x3 on that bench, I know you can and I'm sure you do, too. For that transgression, you will go 205x3 next session;) And good luck to the missus on her quest for 135.

Alberto said...

Along with all the non quality sides and sauces and booze . . . LOL!!!