Monday, November 14, 2005

Wk1: DE Bench

Flat Bench Press w/3 different grips: 55x3, 75x3, 95x3, 115x3, 145x3x8. Used pinkies on first ring for first set, then second ring on second set, then a little wider than that, etc. Speed was good but since I haven't benched much in two weeks (Time off is great, even if filled with stress), my stability didn't kick in until the 4th set.

2-Board Press: 165x3, 185x3, 215x3, 225x3. That last set was almost an ego booster if it wasn't so hard. If I'm not going to do direct tricep work, this will do. At some point, I want to handle big weight and this will be the way.

Hoist Neutral Grip Chinups (BWT 241 lbs): 131x3x10. I was going to do this for biceps, the 10x3, since on the structured balance list they are the most glaring weakness. But I figured that I should hammer the shit out of my back this way, then see where biceps are at the end.

YTWLs: 3 sets of 5 with 5 lbs. A Mark Verstegen favorite, and you can see it on a recent article by Alwyn Cosgrove for T-nation. These are humbling, to say the least. Very different stuff for RC work.

Reverse Incline Hammer Curls: 25x8x3.

3 comments:

Alberto said...

I would consider it a tricep exercise. I don't feel these in the same way as I do dips, close grips, or extensions but if you do enough low end work combined with it you've got a potent combo. This combo was from the Elite Beginners Training Manual.

Christian D. said...

Good to see you posting again Alberto. Get all moved in I assume?

Going to have to check out that RC work that you did.

I plan on catching your bench with this program I am on...well at least chasing after you!

So any ideas on what lifting event you'll be doing now that I've comitted myself to the dark side?

Alberto said...

I've put myself on a 15 week program, so around the 10th week I'll start looking. Probably one of the ones put on by the military.

I'm moved into the office, now the apartment is next. Just good to be back since the gym is my stress relief.