Wednesday, June 21, 2006

DE Bench

Arched Bench Presses: 45x10, 65x8, 95x6, 115x4, 135x3x8, 155x2. Weights were flying but must go faster.

2-Board Press: 185x3, 210x3, 235x2. I could blame a few things for not getting that third rep at 235 but I just didn't have it. On that second rep, I nearly lost my arch and had to really drive my feet into the floor to squeeze that rep out. Next time, I'll either do 235 again and try to get a third rep with good speed, or go for broke with 240.

Hammer Iso Row: 55x8, 65x8, 75x8, 85x8

Hammer Behind the Neck Press: 45x8, 55x8, 65x8, 75x4.

Superset:
DB Preacher Curls: 15x15x3.
External Rotations: 10x15x3.

Rope Pushdowns: 20x12x4. Pathetic but I got a nice pump out of it.

6 comments:

lscrewy said...

My advice is to hit the 3rd rep first. Then go up to 240. Each time you hit that 3rd rep-go up another 5 lbs. That has really worked for me in the past. I didn't do boards, but regular benching.

Alberto said...

I think I'll take you up on that, Lou, that way I won't feel like a punk if I don't get the 3 with 240.

I had to remind mysef that it would have been a different story if the 2-board was a max effort movement, not the follow-up to 24 reps with 135 plus 2 with 155.

Christian D. said...

I concur with Lou on this one as well. Get that 3rd rep and go on.

Workout is looking good. Are you going to add any overhead work or are you going to be getting a shirt? :)

Unknown said...

Good to see the BTN pressing in there. Do you get through a good ROM with these? I'm fine if I only go 3/4 of the way, but the shoulders start to complain if I take the weight down as far as my arms can go with it.

Alberto said...

Chris D:
I do the Hammer Behind The Neck Press for shoulder one day, and DB Overhead Presses the next. Next, three weeks will be the DB Push Press and Suspended Pushups using Blast Straps.

Scott:
I go as far as the machine lets me. I stop at the bottom for a second for each rep, since the movement arms have rubber bumpers and I want no bounce.

Alberto said...

Oh, yeah, no shirt. I want a very good base before that time comes.