Saturday, June 03, 2006

Navy PRT

I got home about an hour ago and took a long, very hot shower. I feel like some Margaritas and a steak tonight, I hope my wife does not want sushi!!!

I PASSED!!!

I reached my goals in the pushups (56, a 15 pushup improvement and in only one minute vice the 2 the Navy gives you) and situps (70, a 17 situp improvement I used all two minutes for), both Good-High per Navy regulations. I was looking for high 13s in the 1.5 mile run but surprised myself by running a sub 13 for the first time in over 7 years (12:54 minutes, a Good-Medium). I'm thrilled, because this is the first PRT I actually trained for and it payed off big time. I now have a base for the future I can build on, and I start that on Monday for the next 17 weeks. I learned a lot that I will be carrying into my next cycle.

I rested this week, except for walking twice a day and total rest on Friday. I also ate what a wanted within reason.

Thanks to all of you for your support. Thanks to Yeoman 1st Class Becky Work, who paced me and talked me through it. And a big thanks to my wife, who put up with me and my occasional grouchiness knowing how important this was. She told me I'd be fine, and I kept that in mind.

And now, I have a bench meet to prepare for Aug 12!

5 comments:

Christian D. said...

Awesome job Alberto...

What's the next 17 weeks hold? I think I heard some mutterings about a bench meet this summer or was that this fall?

Alberto said...

Jon and Chris:
Thanks as always. I'm entering a bench meet scheduled for August 12th. I have my next PRT in 17 weeks and I have to figure out my goals for that one and time my running cycle. I don't have all my equipment yet so 4 days a week of weights is kind of inconvenient. I'll have it all figured out shortly. Probably for eight weeks, it'll be bench twice a week and squat once a week for speed. That leaves me a week to deload for the meet.

Gords said...

Great job hitting those numbers. I bet you feel wonderful hitting that milestone. Best of luck preparing for the meet too.

Unknown said...

That's great news - congrats. I look forward to hearing more about the meet.

lscrewy said...

Great job Man!!!!
where's your Aug meet going to be at? Let us know.
Lou