Thursday, December 30, 2010

Cardio & Stuff

First off, I' m finally below 240 at 239. F'in A!!! 229 is now my new target.

Some things after a week plus of having cardio back into my routine. The Metabolic Acceleration workout, however good an idea, is going to get put on the back burner for a while: as I thought might happen, my lower back recovery slowed down after using it. I could use the Jacob's Ladder, which wasn't too bad. My thought is to either stick with just using the Cybex ArcTrainer for almost all of my cardio and to build up my aerobic capacity, or to use a variant of Metabolic Acceleration that uses a bodyweight complex since the Army PFT stuff I'm doing on off-days can be worked into that.

Today's Workout:

Assised Wide Grip Pullups (Light/monster Mini Band): 3 sets of 5
Assised Close Grip Chinups (Light/monster Mini Band): 3 sets of 5
Assisted Wide Neutral Grip Chinups (Light/monster Mini Band): 3 sets of 5. Felt good to give these a try. Am thinking of using these for all lat work.

Pushups/Decline Situps: 4 sets of 30 seconds

Cybex ArcTrainer: Interval Program, Level 4, 30 minutes.

Hoist Roc-It Leg Curls: worked up to a 165x5, to make up for yesterday.

No comments: