Friday, March 23, 2012

ME Squats

15" Box Squats: started at 120x3  and kept adding 30 pounds until I could barely get the triple, at about 275x3, the managed 275x2.  My squat is starting to get solid again

Conventional Deadlifts: 195x10x5.  Got off of work at 3.  My legs felt good but I've been sleep deprived the past few days for work-related reasons, and I did not want to go home since I knew I would just crash.  I also wanted to push my metabolism, and make up for not doing deadlifts on Tuesday.  So I pulled this one from the 5/3/1 manual, Boring But Big, done at 70% of current 1RM.  These were really tough: after the second set, I brought out the straps just so I could keep doing them double overhand, and I felt the same as if I was running intervals. 

Seated Calf Raises: 50x10x5

Finished with 45 minutes on the treadmill, Level 10 Hill profile, 3.0 MPH.  Then when I got home, I plopped myself on the couch and crashed.

No comments: