Wednesday, October 26, 2005

DE/ME Bench-Band Max

The past couple of days have been not only stressful but tiring. We were told that we have to move from our present building to a building about 15 minutes away on Bremerton Base - - - and take our 6000+ records with us. So it has been two days of non-stop lifting and carting records back and forth between our office to a room in the building where our stuff will be picked up in a few days. I was doing a lot of that, so I shortened today's workout to bench only. Since I also want to do a new bench movement next week, I decided to make this a DE and ME day.

DE Flat Bench Press w/Light Bands : 50x6, 70x6, 85x4, 105x3, 125x3x8. I had to put a lot into this to keep it fast. Partly, because I was beat but also I used 4 100 lbs dumbells and I think the choke was pretty spread out, giving me a little more tension at the bottom. Speed was good, though, I was just psyched. I was going to go for 200 lbs today and was anticipating all day. Rested for 4 minutes.

ME Flat Bench Press w/Light Bands: 160x1, 190x1 (smooth), 170x1. I then loaded up 200 on the bar, got a spotter to help me rack it, and gave it a go. It felt heavy as fuck at the top, I tightened up big time, lowered it to my chest, and sounded like something out of Drangonball Z screaming as I slowly shoved it up to lockout. Got it!!!

I was going to deload but I ran the question past the folks at Elite FTS. I always wondered why some people don't deload at all for a goal weight. Donnie Thompson answered "Don't worry about deloading. Just change up your next exercise for ME day for two to three weeks. Maybe go chains or floor presses. Bar weight is good too! You don't need to deload at this time in your lifting career. " So, incline presses it is. And barring meet preparation, I won't worry too much about deloading.

1 comment:

Alberto said...

Jon:
It won't be over for at least a couple of weeks (we still have to unpack at the new place), but I will just have to adjust. I will also have to carpool since parking is shitty at the new base, so I will have to adjust my gym time, too. Semper Gumby:)

Stinn:
You once suggested to me that I put a little more work on chest so I widened my grip for a few weeks, and will also do so for inclines. It is paying off nicely, so thanks. Now, to figure out what rep scheme to do for the next three weeks.