Monday, October 17, 2005

Wk4: DE Squat/DL Day

Speed Squats w/Light Bands: 45x6 (not enough tension at the bottom, so I got two dumbbells to spread the choke and redid the setup), 45x6 (lots better), 65x6, 85x4, 105x2, 125x2, 135x2, 155x2x9. Finally, I got everything right. Speed was good but I had to turn it up the last two sets to keep my speed up. My fear of being taken backward was not realized. Actually, once I racked the bar, the bands locked me in place and all I needed for a walkout was one step back. I could see why I can't use 24 total reps with these like I do for speed benches, I was dripping with sweat, it was so demanding!

Power Cleans: 115x1x6. I remember what Jim Wendler said in an article on the EliteFTS site about pulling to a point just below the knees then trying to jump while shrugging. My arms aren't sore at all, and I felt like I could have pulled some more.

Snatch: 115x1x6. These were tougher technique wise so I'll stick with the power cleans. Some overhead squats are in my future. The pulls really left me beat.

T-Bar Rows: 125x6, 150x1, 135x6, 160x1, 105x15. My back was wacked from the pulls. I had to reach deep to pull the 160, and the 15 rep set (rest paused at the 7th and 12th reps) almost made my stomach turn.

Triset of the following exercises was done for two sets (barely)because the squatting took up more time than I planned: Band GHR (two sets of 5 reps), situps (2 sets of 21 reps), and 24" step ups (2 sets of 8).

No comments: