Thursday, November 17, 2005

Mecca!!!

A disclaimer: today was intended to be a rest day. And it still was . . . . sort of.

I went to check out the gym at the new base where I work, Puget Sound Naval Shipyard in Bremerton, WA. While I love the gym over at Bangor, I have to car pool it over to home, then jump in my car, drive there, then I have to work out with no fooling around. So I'm considering options for some days. It's a 5 minute walk from my office each way, all upstairs coming back, which left me winded. Not as hardcore as Bangor's: not enough squat or bench press racks. Not as many machines, but that's fine. It's smaller. But it had something Bangor does not: a shitload of Hammer Strength machines, including the MTS line (selectorized iso-lateral machines). All back and chest angles covered - - - Oh boy!!!

I did the following circuit for three trips, worked up to 10 reps each. I left the gym with a crazy pump, my back especially.

Hammer MTS Front Pulldown: 30x10, 40x10, 50x10
Hammer MTS High Row: 30x10, 40x10, 50x10
Hammer MTS Bench Press: 30x10, 40x10, 50x10
Hammer MTS Row: 30x10, 40x10, 50x10
Hammer MTS Incline Bench: 30x10, 40x10, 50x10

2 comments:

Alberto said...

Ha, ha, ha!!! Trust me, Stinn, I'm not abandoning my favorite gym for this. But as a site for extra workouts with stuff I don't normally have access to, and a place to do aerobics and get in better cardiovascular shape, it will do for lunchtimes and weekends.

Christian D. said...

I don't know...Alberto. The machines...hummm.. No I hear you. I used to workout at a gym that had a bunch of hammer strength stuff and it's pretty good stuff. Like you said nice to have around for accessory stuff.