Wednesday, July 12, 2006

ME Bench

I assembled the gym yesterday, the rack just needs to be mounted to wood. So I just got started using it today. I'll be working out for the next 4 days straight to get caught up, then be back at it Monday. These next two weeks will be experimental, with bands and chains. Then, the next two weeks in Norfolk, VA will be mostly straight weight, bands only for speed bench and squat. The Monday prior to the meet (August 7), I'll work up to a 3RM on the 2-board and do light accessory work. Whatever I get on the 2-board will be my second attempt, and I'll figure out from there what my 3rd attempt will be. I'm nervous, but excited. I'll get pictures up tonight.

Close Grip Pause Bench w/80 lbs of chain (numbers are bar weight): barx10, 65x8, 85x5, 105x5, 135x5, 165x1. An explanation: half of the chain is on the floor at lockout, so I was locking out an extra 40 lbs at lockout (maybe more with the lead chain, but I won't count that). I counted "one-two" at the bottom, then pressed. I was thinking of doing this with 40 lbs of chain only (20 lbs additional at lockout), but I thought "I can 3-board 20 more pounds than my max." My first time benching with chains, and it was demanding. I also finally got my leg drive figured out so my benching was solid.

Close Grip Pause Bench (Straight Weight): 165x3, 185x1. I attempted a second rep at 185 and got stapled. The 185 single was slow but I was happy to nail it.

5-board Press: 185x3, 215x3, 245x3. I could have done more but just wanted to establish a baseline.

Wide Grip Pullup w/Light Bands: 7 sets of 2.

Straight Bar Extensions: 45x10, 50x10, 55x10, 60x6.

3-Way Shoulder (Front raise/lateral raise/band pull-aparts): 4 sets with 5, 8, 10, 8 lbs. The pull aparts were done first with a light band to exhaustion, the switched to the monster minis and did the same. This smoked my delts.

Hammer Curls: worked up to 35 lbs 5RM, then 40x1.

Physioball "T": 5x8, 8x6, 10x4, 12x2, 8x4, 5x7

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds great - look forward to the pics.

Out of interest, where'd you get the chains?

Alberto said...

Purchased from Elite FTS. 2 pair of 5/8 chains plus the 2 3/8 chains to hold them to the bar.