Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Wk2: Prilepin Squat/DL-Heavy

I woke up this morning still bushwacked from Monday's workout (And to think, I have two more weeks of 1 day with a negative). I had a big breakfast with a Lime Coke chaser, and lunch was two light soft taco's with a Pepsi, then a coke an hour later. I felt more like taking a long nap than working out but it wasn't a back day, so I thought I had a chance. At 3 PM, I had a MetRx Big 100 bar and a cup of green tea made extra strong. In the car, I turned up Sepultura's "Territory". I now felt awake. I decided to give myself an extra 30 seconds of rest between sets in spots. Tomorrow, I'll be back on diet.

8" Front Box Squats (195): 45x6, 65x5, 75x5, 95x5, 105x5, 125x5, 135x5x4. Last week was the 79% 1RM week, so this week's 70% 1RM was just the reprieve I needed. Everything was on today: my launch out of the bottom was fast and solid, my form was really good, strength was good on these, and I didn't feel like death warmed over like I thought hours earlier. It also doesn't hurt as much afterwards, so it looks like I've adjusted to the depth.

Hoist Seated Leg Curls (115): 100x3x2, 105x2x2, 115x2N.

Straight Leg Pull Throughs (105): 50x10, 65x10x2, 80x10. The pulldown station I use for my GHR setup was being used, and so was the one for the pull throughs. So I used a Nautilus machine that was so adjustable the arms can be moved up and down, out and in. The weights used are because you can't adjust by 5-10 lbs for this one like other Nautilus machines. You know, I thought my GHRs would be harder after this. My hamstrings felt the burn some more from these.

GHR w/70 lbs assist: Failure at 7 reps, 5 reps.
GHR w/80 lbs assist: Failure at 6 reps, 6 reps. The reps were more than last week, but I had to squeeze extra hard this week to get them. I try to do better each session.

Seated Calf Raises (125): 90x6x2, 90x5x2

Feel pretty good, can't wait until dinner!

Lying Leg Thrusts: Failure at 9, 7, 7, 6, 6 reps. Will do situps between sets tomorrow.

4 comments:

John said...

Now that's eating like a powerlifter, Alberto... LOL.
On a serious note, pull-throughs are a lot tougher than I thought... they really torch the whole P-chain.
Next item on my to-get list, a dragging sled.

Alberto said...

I felt like a litle piggy . . . oink! oink! oink!

I'm asking for one for Christmas. And since my kid's into sports, he'll be dragging it, too.

For you, it'll be invaluable.

Anonymous said...

only just realised how low the box is you front squat from. impressive range.

pigging out is fun...

Alberto said...

My calves aren't huge by any means, but it's also a front squat so my ass doesn't go as far back as a conventional squat.