Tuesday, December 06, 2005

DE Bench

I had to drive myself to work yesterday, so I worked out at the gym here in Bremerton rather than waste time driving to the other base. Felt good to be back, getting back into the habit of things.

Flat Bench Press: 115x3, 135x3, 145x3x8, 185x2, 205x1, 225x0. I stuck with one grip today, which was a little wider than normal (longest finger on the rings). Still had really good speed but it did take a little more work to stabilize the bar. It also made heavier weights harder, thus the 225 failure. I also noticed that on the last inch ot two, my speed slows a bit - - - time to either use 3-4 boards, rack lockouts, or heavy band benches. Or I could blame the wider grip and feel really good about myself!

Hammer MTS ISO Front Pulldown: Worked up to 85x2 per arm, then did 65x3x10. Very similar to a chinup done with a slight arch toward the top. Very effective.

Hammer ISO Behind The Neck Presss: 70x3x3 per arm.

YTWLs: 4 sets with 5 lbs. Just did as many as I could, these are so fucking hard. I know that the point is not to hurl up a ton of weight but, man, this is ridiculous. Evil exercise!!!

Preacher Curls: 50x3x10.

3 comments:

Alberto said...

Aside from a really good strength curve and path of motion that most machines lack, they are iso-lateral machines - - - independently loadable and performable movement arms. For back work, it's awesome. For assistance work, their bench machines are pretty good, too.

Unknown said...

Alberto, are the YTWLs the ones from the article '8 weeks to monster shoulders' on T-Nation?

Alberto said...

Marie:
To see a demo of the YTWLs, go to the T-nation site and look for the NoCurls bicep program by Alwyn Cosgrove. It works the rotators in a different way than external rotations. Light weights will feel heavy.