Thursday, December 15, 2005

DE Bench

This workout happened yesterday. As I would learn yesterday and this past weekend, my hand may take a bit to heal. The wound is closing up but underneath it it's still a little tender and bruised. Right now, it's a little sore from yesterday's bench session.

Lunchtime:
Hammer MTS Front Pullsown: 70x3x8, 80x2, 90x1

Evening:
Flat Bench Press: 95x5, 115x4, 135x3, 145x3x8, 165x2, 205x1, 250x0. All sets done with the wider grip (long finger on rings). I tried the 250 just to get a feel for it. I racked it and brought it down under control in solid form, but that was it.

Dumbbell Shoulder Presses: 50x3x3. Shoulders were beat from Mondays squat session, and I didn't have much speed. I had tried the behind the neck press but it just didn't feel right.

Supersetted YTWLs (10 sets of 5-8 reps with 3 lbs) and Preacher Curls (50x3x10)

3 comments:

Alberto said...

Marie:
Next year I want to compete in a meet regardless of where I'm at strengthwise. I kow the base I work at is having a raw bench meet in August and I may give that a go. I did say this cycle would end in a comp, just have to find one. Yeah, it would be nice to meet you and watch you lift. I was trying to see John M. up in Connecticut in the spring when I was up in Norfolk, VA but had to work that weekend.

John:

I was squatting heavy last week,
got down to the bottom and the bar started to roll off, I lost my concentration and could not come up. Worse yet, I set the pins too low. So after falling on my ass carefully, I had to get the bar off me and I rolled it (about 195 lbs)on my left hand. Ouch!!! Cut my palm just below the pinky. The skin stayed in so I didn't need stitches or anything, but I just have to watch it.

Christian D. said...

Looks like your getting gready with your maxes there Alberto. Seems to be me this is your second "max" in not to short of time! Of course I just don't want you getting to far ahead of me! :)

Nice workout and I hope the hand gets healed quickly so that you can get back to the benching.

Alberto said...

It was just to see how I handle 250, Chris, I had no shot at 250. Especially after all the other work.