Sunday, December 11, 2005

ME Bench - Friday

All notation: lbs x reps x sets.

Nautilus Nitro Vertical Bench: 90x6, 105x5, 120x4, 135x3, 150x3, 160x6, 190x1, 170x6, 200x1, 115x15. The 200 lbs took me 10 seconds to complete but I was going to get it, damnit!!! After that, 115 lbs felt just like 180 lbs - - - it took me two rest pauses to get the 15 reps.

Tri-set for 3 sets of 20 reps:
Dumbbell Front Raises: 5 lbs
Dumbbell Side Raises: 5 lbs
Hoist Rear Delt Mchine: 10 lbs. What a burn. I never could get the hang of doing rear delts with a dumbbell, so I substituted the Hoist.

Inverted Rows: BWTx3x10. Set the bar on the Smith, lay on your back beneath it, then pull yourself up. This was more about quality: while I did get myself up pretty high, I felt as if I could do better if I was stronger. So I worked on my pull steadiness and my one second pause at the top.

Seated External Rotations: 8x15, 10x12x2, 12x10. 4 weeks of high rep work to get my cuffs prepared, followed by 4 weeks of 6-8 rep work, then repeat. That's the plan.

Standing Reverse Curls: Worked up to a 60lbs 1RM, then did 7 sets of 3 with 50 lbs.

4 comments:

Alberto said...

I just did an edit . . . is this clearer? Yeah, I could see that looking weird, too.

Unknown said...

With the inverted rows, how high is the bar in relation to your torso - is it roughly as if you're about to start a bench press?

John said...

Those inverted rows you did are known to the WSB guys as "fat man pullups."
I think they are great for developing the muscles used in stabilizing your bench press.

Alberto said...

Scott:
If I was laying flat on the floor with my shoulders shrugged upward slightly, like when one racks the bar, my fingertips touch the bar.

John:
I prefer "big boned pullups" myself:) I like 'em!!!