Thursday, July 13, 2006

Gym


Enclosed is the picture of my home gym setup. The rack just needs to be mounted, and I need to get a bar holder, but it is essentially complete. It's an Elite R2 Rack and GHR for the main pieces. I have a curl bar, a Trap Bar, Texas Deadlift Bar, and an SSB Yoke Bar. Some things, like the weights, Elliptical, rubber flooring, and dumbbells were bought at a Busy Body fitness store in Tacoma. I have 80 lbs of chain and bands up to an average band, 1-5 boards, Blast Straps, and whatever I had before all this like a Manta Ray and a Sting Ray, a forearm bar, pushup bars, exercise ball, sled. Anything else will be very small like posters and a dry erase board. Place needs a boom box - - - that's upstairs.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Now that's a nice setup... think you've got all the major gear covered. Looks great.

Christian D. said...

Nice Job Alberto. Think I might build a gym like that at our next house. Should add some atlas stones or kettlebells to it! :)

Alberto said...

Kettlebells will be sometime in the future. I see sandbags even sooner, because of the cost.

Kris said...

Very cool! Will you be using the eraser board for a classic PR matrix a la Westside Barbell? Am also interested in how the platform was mounted, plywood? And finally, curious about how much plate weight you have gone for? And really really finally, will you still be attending any of the gyms or will you retire to your own base, or dungeon as it may be?

Sorry for all the questions, seeing something like this always gets me going. Happy training! :-)

lscrewy said...

Looks great! I should have you do my garage like that. LOL.
I'll post more often once the comp is over.
Lou

Alberto said...

Kris:
Exactly with the dry erase boards. My son likes the idea; he's more interested in deadlifts and benches than squats, but he does want to learn. The rack has not been mounted but I'll elaborate once it does. On the SSB Bar Squat, I sent a video of a 290 attempt. Needless to say, easy will do it. . . . I need some form work with it, it nails me when I try to come up with it. As for gyms, I still use the gym at the base where I work at lunch for aerobics and extra workouts with the machines.

Lou:
Good luck at the meet. Get those PRs!!!