Thursday, July 06, 2006

ME Bench

Legs Up Pause Bench Press: 45x10, 70x8, 95x5, 115x5, 145x5, 165x5, 190x4 (4RM). The foure reps were real strong, but I had nothing for the 5th one.

3-Board Bench Press: 195x3, 225x3, 245x2. I could blame it on the prior heavy work, or I could have gone lighter on the prior two sets. I'm a little bummed that I didn't get the third rep but I have to remember that in the Elite Beginners Manual, there will be waves where the 2 and 3 boards are used as ME movements all their own. So, I'll be happy:)

Hoist Assisted Wide Pullups (BWT 240.3 lbs): 90.3x10, 100.3x8, 110.3x6, 120.3x4. Decided that everytime I hit 10 reps with a level of assistance, I wont use it the next workout. I did more reps today.

DB Overhead Press: 25x15x3

Reverse Curls: 30x15x3

Physioball "W": 5x8, 8x8, 10x6, 10x5.

I'm thinking of my next bench cycle, and it will have more full range movements. My main ME movement will be close grip pause bench presses with chains, and my DE movement will be arched bench press with bands. As such, I won't have to do boards or rack lockouts. I'll figure something out soon. Like a goal.

4 comments:

Kris said...

Any package from EliteFTS yet...?

Alberto said...

I scheduled a Monday delivery, and that Saturday, someone recommended by the gym I go to will be building a platform to mount the rack on. I'll post pictures then, and a review of the SSB.

I paid my meet fee yesterday, so it's on. At this point, I know that my first attempt will be about 240 lbs. So this wave will be to determine my second attempt.

Alberto said...

August 12th, at Naval Submarine Base Bangor, WA. It is a bench only meet, something to train for and get my feet wet.

Kris said...

Cool. Good luck with the meet!