Thursday, February 24, 2005

Ouch!!!

Yesterday, I felt wiped out, and today was just slightly better. I got home and took an hour nap, then went to my son's b-ball game. I'll do my good morning workout tomorrow. Just a slight case of overtraining.

Pain? Only in my abs. Ball crunches with a weight are highly effective but since I haven't done them in a long time, it hurts deep. It feels like someone hit my abs with a paddle.

I think the thing that pushed me over that precipice was the GM test (I had done front squats with 90% 1RM that same week, then this 245 x 4 which was above 90% 1RM), the test on trap bar shrugs (aside from the 214 max, I forgot to list the 144 lbs x 10m rep warmup. This is why I only take tests on the first week of this kind of cycle, because at 89% 1RM for 6 total reps it can just as well be done up to a max for less reps.

I'll probably do everything else as is and as for GM, work up to 185 for a triple. Why do 210 for 3 sets of 5 when I did 245 for 4 reps just days before?

No comments: