Saturday, February 26, 2005

W4k 4: Prilepin Squat/DL - Light

Did my workout yesterday despite not feeling 100% in spots. I felt good enough for everything really but to do GM for the scheduled 5 sets of 3 at 210 gave me pause. I thought top myself that the 245x4 test, despite the lower volume caused by it being just a test, had sent my body the message: the strain, and calling up my muscles to push its limit. So I decided to skip this movement and do back extensions, just to get some blood in there, just because my back had an appointment with a movement. Afterwards, my back was major pumped but once I left the gym, my back felt great. Just what I needed. Heck, it feels really good right now.

Back extensions: 1kg x 16, 2kg x 14, 3kg x 10, 4kg x 8, 5 kg x 7.

Hoist Calf Presses (110): 55x10, 75x10, 80x6x2. Since I didn,t want my lower back loaded, I did this movement instead of the standing ones.

Seated Calf Raises (110): 55x10, 75x8, 80x6

Assisted GHR (90 lbs assist): 4 sets of 9. These were tough, just because of the tired lower back and sore abs.

Step Ups: This time, I did them correctly: each leg done as the lead leg for a set. 4 sets of 12. Felt slightly aerobic.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What step height do you use for the step-ups?

Alberto said...

I use an 18" step for step ups. It feels like a below parallel squat and a lunge. I feel a good pump in my entire quad and my glutes and hams get slammed, too. I've also noticed that since I've been doing these, my front squat is a little faster out of the hole.