Thursday, February 10, 2005

WK3: Prilepin Bench/Back

I forgot my gym clothes yesterday, and gym staff told me after God knows how f'in long that I could not work out in regular clothes. So, this workout was what I got away with because it was bowling night last night:

Flat Bench Press (200): 45x10, 60x6, 75x5, 95x5, 110x5, 120x4x5. Reps were better because I had my lats tensed, and I had plenty of speed. But controlling the bar speed past the middle was tough; I guess this is one of the reasons why Westside advocates accomodating resistance when doing speed work. I'm almost thinking of using the Nautilus Nitro Bench Press for this day for just that reason. I could tell this is a lot of work, because I feel like a nap afterwards!!!

Seated Rows (160): 40x6, 50x4, 60x3, 75x3, 90x3, 100x3, 115x3x6.

Hoist Assisted Wide Pullup (122.5. Bodyweight today in troublesome street clothes: 242.7): 82.7x8, 92.7x8, (put 2.5 lbs weight in pocket for resistance) 105.2 x3x5. This is starting to get easier. Right now, my back's toast!!!

Wife is sick, and I'm starting to feel it, too. But legs are today, and the weekend is upon me. So the show will go on today. Am ditching front squat today as an assistance movement and replacing it with either leg presses or one legged squats of a bench. It was a drain to squat with so much volume one day and then for reps days later in the same movement.

No comments: