Tuesday, July 17, 2007

EFS Beginners Program: Week 10 DE Bench

I just received my new computer last week. It was a Velocity Micro PC: I was able to pick everything from the motherboard to what software went in it. The good part was that since it came with no software beyond the OS, I was able to install what I wanted to and avoid the garbage (bloatware) that usually comes with a PC. The bad part was that I had to install it all. So there went last week.

This weekend, I did my Navy weekend, and put in some PT time in the gym - - - as soon as I step out of the office, there's the basketball court and the gym is to the left (The Marines drill there, too.). Saturday, I worked up to a 245 lbs 2RM on the 2-board press, then did shoulder work and stretches the next day.

Today's Workout:

Speed Benches: 55x3, 75x3, 95x3, 115x3, 145x3x8.

3-Board Press: 165x3, 195x3, 225x3, 255x0, 250x3. Don't know what happened with the 255: I wasn't tight, legs weren't planted . . . . weight was fucking heavy. Once it touched the boards, it stayed there. I rested, dropped the weight a bit, then got it. Why push my luck with a weight I'm not attempting in the end.

DB Bench Press: 65x10. DB Rows (Elbows In): 65x5. Very wobbly. I've been babying my shoulders so much that I've become weak with the dumbbell movements. I'll deal with it in a couple of weeks.

Close Grip Bench Press: 135x10x4. My effective substitute for the DB benches (and the band pushdowns). Since I just got done with these on week 9, I knew what to lift and figures it would only help me to do them as an RE movement.

Barbell Curls: 55x10x4.

No comments: