Monday, May 23, 2005

Wk2: Prilepin Bench-Light

I decided to do my bench workout at lunch, leaving myself time to run after my evening workout. This session went great: the close grip work is paying dividends: the bar is not traveling over the face as much (it's straighter) and I had a lot of pop from the bottom (today's 140 lbs work sets were faster than last weeks 135s). I also had more tightness in form and I didn't feel it much in the delts.

Flat Bench Press (185): 45x6, 55x6, 75x6, 85x6, 100x6, 115x6, 140x6x3.

2 comments:

John said...

Nice benching, Alberto... sounds like your tricep strength is coming up.
I need to work on the same thing myself.

Alberto said...

On my next cycle, I'm thinking of attempting the Add 50 program for bench and using the Prilepin Program for triceps using the close grip bench and the dip as the movements, with no other assistance movements other than lateral/rear delt raises. I don't feel as if I'm strong enough in the bench to make speedwork worthwhile. There just aren't many bench programs that make sense to me at my level, so if this experiment goes well, I will have one.

Oh, the link for the Add 50 is:

http://www.joeskopec.com/add50.xls