Thursday, May 19, 2005

Wk2: Prilepin Squat/DL-Light

Will be going to Seaside Beach, Oregon for the weekend. Usually, we try to leave early in the morning on Saturday, end up leaving later than we should have, have less than half of Saturday left when we get there because it's a 4+ hour drive, and by Sunday afternoon are headed back home. This time, we are leaving Friday evening as soon as my wife gets home from work. This meant that I had to do Friday's workout today. Yeah, this was going to be tough but at least I have 3 days off at the beach.

12" Front Box Squats (245): 55x6, 75x5, 95x5, 115x5, 135x5, 155x5, 185x6x3. My last set was so tough I had to rest for 10 seconds after 4 reps to get the last two. I had no pop past 115 lbs today. I knew this was going to be a grind, but at least I kept my form solid.

Hoist Seated Leg Curls (115): 85x6, 90x5x2, 95x4x2.

GHR w/70 lbs assist: Failure at 7 reps,4 reps. Payday, more reps.
GHR w/80 lbs assist: Failure at 6 reps, 4 reps. Ditto!!!

Bent Leg Pull Throughs (105): 50x10, 70x8, 70x10, 80x6. Think RDL with a cable through the legs. After Scott Bird mentioned them, I did them today. Considering the pounding my hams already received, my hams were giving out before my lower back. As always, they feel great to help me recover from deadlifts.

Standing Calf Raises (125): 95x8, 95x7, 95x7, 95x6

Incline Situps: Failure at 11, 9, 9, 7 reps.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice work with the pull-throughs. I have to admit though, recovery at the beach for a few days sounds even better :)

Alberto said...

My body felt so tired today I barely awoke. But it's a good tired, and my hams feel great. Bring on the beach!!!

Christian D. said...

I think I might have to do these pull throughs sometime. Are they as easy as they sound? Think I saw a picture of some guy at DiFranco's doing some. I'll find a picture somewhere and perhaps implement.

Alberto said...

Easy, easy, lemon peezy!!!

Anonymous said...

good workout. what kind of grip do you use for front squats?

Alberto said...

None. I use a Sting Ray (made by the same people who make the Manta Ray, go to www.adfit.com)and then cross my arms to steady the bar. Almost pain free.