Monday, May 02, 2005

Wk4:Prilepin Squat/DL

My Navy physical readiness test is on Saturday (Bodyfat Measurement) and Sunday (The run, situps, and pushups). Since my next workout was going to be too close to that, I won't be doing a weight workout until next Monday. I'll be doing aerobics until Friday to make sure I'm as lean as can be for measurements (Friday will just be a long walk, though). Since Wednesday was scheduled to be a deadlift workout, I ditched the high step ups and threw in conventional DL for singles today.

12" Front Box Squat (245): 55x6, 75x4, 95x4, 115x4, 135x4, 150x4x5.

Conventional DL (400): 225x1x12. These felt great.

GHR w/80 lbs assist: 4 sets of 7.

Standing Calf Raises (125): 45x4x3, 60x4, 70x4, 80x4x5.

Incline Situps: These were done in between sets of calf raises with no rest, just a marathon that put some sweat on my brow. Failure at 10, 7, 6, 6, 4, 4, 3, 2, 1, failed.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice one. Good luck with the PRT.

John said...

Good job with the DL singles. How long did you rest in between?
Good luck with your PRT, how long is the run, by the way?

Alberto said...

Thanks guys. My weight this morning was 230.5 . . . I've dropped two pounds. Of course, that's not clothed. So, I'll weigh in about 234 on the day of. Same as last time.
John, on the DL, I was resting about 60 seconds between reps. I wanted solid, fast reps, and my back was a little tired from the front squats - - - otherwise, it would be 45 seconds between sets. Oh, my run is 1.5 miles

I have a question for the two of you. How much carryover do you get from close grip bench presses to the flat bench press?