Thursday, September 08, 2005

Wk1: Prilepin Squat/DL Day 2

Smith Machine Squats w/purple (light) band: 45x3, 65x3, 95x3, 115x3, 135x3, 155x3, 185x2, 205x1, 225x1, 245x1 (All bar weight). I love these things!!! It didn't take much to set it up, and I could see this even being of value as a maximum effort movement. There's the overload once the bar is racked: with 95 lbs of band pressure at the top, I had 340 lbs on my back, and a very fast eccentric. I went below parallel and once I started coming up, the bands engaged and it was really tough because I had to push all the way. This was my experiment, we'll see what happens next week.

Power clean: 95x3x8. 5 sets were really good, 3 were so-so. Maybe, I should have done these first!!!

Weighted sit-ups: Done between sets of power cleans, all to failure. Top set was 15 reps, low set was 9 reps.

T-Bar Rows (155): 117.5x6, 137.5x1, 125x6, 145x1, 95x15. Not easy after power cleans. Especially, that set of 15 - - - first 8 reps, then 3, then 4 rest paused.

I'll do the GHRs and step ups tomorrow for lunch.

3 comments:

Christian D. said...

LOL!!! I was waiting for someone to make the comment about the smith machine! Although I maybe using the smith to get over this 225 hump on the bench!

Alberto said...

There are two squat racks in my gym. A rack that I always use, and a squat thingamajig by Hoist that has deep j-hooks set so bad that the bar is too high or slightly too low, and it requires an extra step back to not hit the j-hooks when I squat. I didn't have access to either that day.

Hey, I get to redeem myself on my next entry. LOL!!!

Alberto said...

No time, for the squat rack reason. I'm in the gym by 4:15PM and have to be out by 5:30 to get home and cook dinner. It has to go like clockwork to get warmups and the workout done, so no time to waste. I wasn't testing for a PR: I just wanted to feel the bands in action. Yeah, the mechanics would be different with a free squat but this did the job. Louie Simmons was right, just warning you, Jon: I was sore as fuck the next day.